View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
NM Periods should prepare them to be Members. 6-8 weeks of being showered with gifts and 6-8 chapter meetings is not it. Members are generally filled with loads of required activities, committees, socials, etc. NMs that were "optional" for everything but NM meetings don't have a clue as to what they're in for as a full member. Then people quit because it's more time consuming and stressful than they realized.
This is exactly it. I was not hazed, but I most certainly WORKED. I knew after my pledge period this organization was going to be something that took a lot of time. It wasn't my high school Quill and Scroll chapter.

Hockeyfan's post kind of proves all our points - she goes straight to hazing as if there were nothing in between that and 6 weeks of gifts. Again, I was not hazed, and never had fraternity men telling me my "process" wasn't hard enough - in fact, we had fraternity men express concerns in the other direction when a pledgemistress went a bit off the rails. Men and women do bond differently, but not that differently.

Also, dang, Kevin. Lol.