View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on the start of what will prove to be a very exciting time for you!

One of the things that I despise about that sophomoric Greek Rank website is that it has created these "tiers". When I was in school in the 80s (pre internet) there was no such thing. Everyone mixed with everyone else. No one went through rush knowing which chapter was ranked "top tier" and which were "middle tier". You went where you felt comfortable and enjoyed your membership without feeling somehow blemished by which tier others thought that you fell into.

That being said, there was always a social pecking order. There were houses that tended to attract more of the "pretty people", and it was natural to want to mix with those boys. However, the houses that I enjoyed the most were the ones with the guys that were nice, respectful and fun.

The way to ingratiate your chapter with the women that you want to spend time with is to make an effort. Have your social chair reach out to theirs and ask how they put their calendar together. Since you don't have a house, do you socialize elsewhere? Perhaps you could invite a group to do a charity event together or go apple picking, etc.

If your members are fun to be around and treat them well, they will come to see you as more than a "tier". You will become actual friends with members in the chapter and they will look forward to shared events.

Your best bet is to get the "tier" nonsense out of your head and realize that no group is better than you are. Invite women to socialize from every single chapter and see what happens.