View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day
I met my daughter at 8 am and was able to hang out with her as she got ready. We walked to the stadium together had a great time talking along the way. I am really glad we had that time together. Since she knew she would be happy with any of the three organizations she was overflowing with excitement. I had asked her to text me so I would know which group to look for and she did, but with the huge number of new members being “funneled out the chute,” I missed seeing her running past. I did get a picture of the letters running by and we met up at her new home away from home. My daughter is a proud new member of…

Alpha Delta Pi!

She has been having a great time the past few weeks; went on retreat, has attended several meetings, had her first swap and put in some clocked study hours (and a lot more besides) and is finding it all good. It's a huge relief to know that my daughter feels at home 1,000 miles away. I knew the academics were going to work out well, given the unique program she is in, and that program was the reason I could let go of my wish that she had chosen my alma mater and been a bent twig. Now my worry that she would feel lost at such a large school, is gone. I just hope I get lots of pictures as the year unfolds.

Last edited by pearlMmom; 09-03-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Tried to make ADPi bigger text and spelling it correctly