View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoheatherxo
i think that this thread is a little contradicting. yall are telling these pnms to be themselves, but also restricting what they can talk about. so what happens when they get a bid and accept...then the chapter finds out all of these things about them?? i think its better to be yourself totally...if the chapter doesnt like you then they dont have to extend a bid. but being fake is going to come back in the end. if you cant be real with these people during a party, then how are you going to be real and talk to them about real issues once youre pledging??? im not saying to go tell them how many people youve slept with, or how much you can drink before you pass out, but you shouldnt hide that you do drink and can have a good time. obviously you want someone fun in your organization, so if you dont think these girls can have a good time because they arent allowed to talk about it during rush according to this thread, then why would you want them in your group?? there are a lot of other topics to talk about during rush parties, but these girls are going to be so nervous that they say something that someone on gc told them not to that they arent going to be themselves at all.

Yes it's important to be yourself, but it's also important to be APPROPRIATE when dealing with people who don't KNOW you from a hole in the wall. You wouldn't get into a conversation with someone you don't know, about how drunk you were last night.

Face it, during rush, it's all about first impressions. Upon first meeting a girl, if all she talks about is how she parties all the time, that's NOT a good impression. It's something that is fine to discuss with people you know. But it's not appropriate conversation for a room full of sorority women that you've never met.

Think about it, we have a few rounds of parties to get to know these women, how is discussing their partying/drinking going to tell us how she'd contribute to the group?

There are MILLIONS of other things to talk about during rush. If a girl can't keep from discussing her wild partying, drinking, sex, or whatever for a few days, then I don't think I want her in my chapter anyway.

Lakers Nation.