View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=psusue;2129922]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post

AST also has A LOT of chapters in PA. I think nearly a third of our chapters are located in the state.

I agree, AST is at a lot of PA schools. I think this makes sense though because both of our sororities were once Association of Education sororities and therefore both would be at schools that were once teacher colleges (i.e. many Pennsylvania schools).

It's 12 now. And Alpha Xi is already at Indiana, Purdue, Penn State, University of Illinois, Ohio State, Syracuse, Iowa, and University of Nebraska- Lincoln. There's just U of Minnesota- Twin Cities, U of Wisconsin- Madison, Michigan State, Michigan, and Northwestern to go!

Agree to all of this. That's why I struggle with saying that PA is a 'stronghold' for Sigma, because being Greek here just isn't the same as being Greek in the South, especially after college, IMO.
Though I have a bias regarding how much I love Syracuse University, it is not a Big 10 school. I'm assuming you were thinking of another school. In fact, Syracuse is leaving the Big East and moving to the ACC.