View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I can't comment on the racial identity stuff, but I have been working with the leaders of my chapter for around 7-8 years at this point, so I can offer some perspective on how members who have held many executive positions, especially President begin to relate to the chapter.

It is very difficult to reintegrate back into the fraternity as just an ordinary member after leading it for a long period of time. You've been the decision maker, you've had to do what's right for the chapter and that has probably involved burning a number of bridges with the brotherhood.

At this point, I would encourage you to remember that this thing doesn't have to be four years and done. Being in a fraternity will open doors to you. There are likely lots of opportunities out there in your web of potential alumni contacts.

It is uncomfortable to step back from leadership. People still try to look to you and you've spent a good amount of time pouring yourself into this organization. There is nothing wrong with being selfish with your time. You don't have to go to everything, you don't have to step up.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma