View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you have poured a lot of yourself into making your chapter not only viable but successful. Could you be suffering burnout?

How much time are you spending with the chapter these days? It's okay not to be there 24/7, but if the friendships are still important to you you do need to spend some time with your brothers, cultivating those bonds. I am friends with sorority sisters but they were not the be all and end all in college or now. I had friends outside my org in college and was a member of two other orgs. Some of my best friends now as an alum are members of different sororities.

It sounds like you feel you are in an either or position. Either I keep giving my all to my fraternity or I should just quit. And I can't remain a member of a predominately white fraternity and be a true member of the Black Student Union. Neither of those are true I hope. I hope that the fraternity encourages its members to join other orgs in order to make more well rounded men. And I hope the BSU encourages and supports its members to do the same.

I am trying to understand the source of your conflict, but as a white female, I know that I truly can't. There were times in college when I felt I didn't belong. Did these feelings of not belonging happen before or after you joined BSU? Are you being made to feel like you are betraying one group or the other?

Last edited by FSUZeta; 03-14-2017 at 09:52 AM.