View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know how rare it is, but things have gone very well for my daughter SO FAR. For the first round, she was invited back to her top 13 choices. Yesterday, she was invited to 7 houses, and 6 were from her top 7 choices. The one that did not invite her back is supposedly one of the top tier sororities...whatever that means...but it really did not click with her and the lack of an invite was no real surprise, nor was it disappointing.

She is very nervous for today when they go down to 3. I think what has worked so far is that she did not have her mind set on a particular sorority. My guess would be that if a girl is obsessed with a certain sorority, the other houses may sense this. Obviously there are many factors, but she was been excited to visit each house, and her enthusiasm probably helps.

At this point she has a definite favorite, but she seems to really like most of the 7. She is worried about going from 7 invites to zero. I guess the pressure is different for everybody. As it has gone pretty smooth so far, her top 7 are pretty popular ones, and she feels this makes it more likely that she will not get invites. But I have a feeling it will work out. I think she loves the one because she really clicked with them, and I would guess that they can see her enthusiasm and clicked with her as well. We shall see. As somebody else wrote, the road to get there doesn't matter so long as she gets there.

Last edited by Illinoisdg; 09-09-2012 at 07:14 AM.