View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the parent of an upperclassman PNM going through recruitment at UGA. I attended the family session today. There are one thousand four hundred ninety two (1,492) young women going through rush. I use the word rush because there is no way one can recruit through those numbers. There are 194 upper classmen participating. Last year my daughter was part of the 4.2% that were "released from recruitment". She happened to get her phone call at 2:30 a.m. the morning of 3rd round. Every girl that goes through rush has outstanding grades...it is UGA after all and they ALL have outstanding grades, extra curriculas, and I imagine some have found a way to solve world hunger thus making them an outstanding addition to any of the houses. Recs are a given (I'm sure there are a few that will pledge and that house will be working the midnight shift to secure a rec, etc.) And of course there are more than enough legacies. It was my daughter's decision last year to go through the process and I applaud her gutsy efforts to subject herself to 6 a.m. wakeups once again. She is interested in the Greek community for all of the positive reasons and does not have the need to be in a certain house. I'm just praying to the Lord above that he hears the desires of her heart!!