View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyBlonde View Post
All of the sororities do participate in the informal recruitment in the fall. I did not know then what I have read recently on here about recruitment. It just felt very wrong at the time to continue through the process when I felt a strong sort of calling to one organization that dropped me first day and I felt like I would be settling somewhere I did not belong.
Very good. You wanted one chapter but they did not invite you back past the first round. There is nothing wrong with dropping out of recruitment under the circumstances you've added. You didn't see yourself anywhere else. That happens. You probably didn't consider that you did disappoint members of other chapters who continued to invite you back, even though you were a junior at the time.

Now we wonder: so what has changed? You're now willing to "settle somewhere"? Or are you hoping that the chapter that previously did not invite you back will now desire you? Surely there must be some different circumstances.

FWIW: this is not us being mean; this is honest reflection from the other side of the fence, tempered with a dollop of cynicism. PNMs come here constantly with similar stories. Typically the details include that the desirable chapter was the "top" chapter on campus.

Again, best of luck to you.