View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy I dropped after initiation

Hey everyone! So I have some questions about NPC policy and such that I just wanted some input on. I plan on taking with panhel on campus but figured why not get some info on here.

So basically I went through formal recruitment and received a bid for a sorority that I just really didn't want, I didn't feel like I fit in with them, but apparently they liked me, so I accepted the bid, and went through the whole new member process hoping that things would turn around and I'd find I did really belong there and I'd love it! Well things didn't really turn out that way, the big I got was someone I had only met like once briefly, and then when initiation rolled around, I decided to go through with initiation, but then the other new members I had really liked ended up not going through initiation. In addition, I just felt really excluded from the other girls, no one seemed to really reach out to me even though I had spent time with them and given an effort to make it work.

Because of the whole situation, I decided to drop the next semester. It was explained that I wouldn't be able to join another NPC sorority and everything, and I still decided to go through because quite frankly I was just spending a lot of money to be in a sorority I just didn't feel welcomed in.

A lot of my friends are in greek life still, and they're in different sororities than the one I was in, and after becoming closer to them, I realize that I still feel like I would fit better in one of these other sororities, and I really feel like I'm missing out on something special and having sisters and going to events.

So, I was curious if there is anyway around the NPC rule that you can't join another NPC sorority after being initiated. Like possibly some sort of appeal process where I can explain my situation and maybe sign some papers that I like won't give out any information about the sorority I was in.

If anyone has any thoughts/information let me know!