View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

"When I asked her why she isn’t excited that her number one choice, Risky Business, had invited her back she said, “Because now I’m sure that they are just going to cut me too.” Logic, anybody? She is afraid to risk more hope on a process that she realizes she doesn’t have too much control over. I begged her to take the risk and not drop out. After she cried some more while I kept trying to focus on the good news, she agreed to stay with it for now.......

.....I expect some negative comments from GCers regarding my daughter’s reaction. Is she being a spoiled baby who wanted a perfect rush? Yes! Is she being ungrateful for what she has, which is an almost full schedule with three great groups left on it? Yes! Please remember, she is tired, stressed, far away from her family for the first time, and lacks perspective due in part to being only eighteen years old. Please pray for her and that after the nap she was about to take, she will have a whole new attitude. Thank you!"

My daughter gave me permission to write her rush story and put in on here after she finishes college, so I have it all written out and ready to go (impatiently waiting). Both of these paragraphs - the first one virtually word for word - are in it. They don't make sense when they're tired, stressed, and young (heck, I don't make sense when I'm tired, stressed and old) and it is what it is. It sounds like you are doing a great job walking her through it and encouraging her. Sometimes all the mom can do is listen. Best of luck to your daughter and you the next two days!

Last edited by AXOmom; 08-19-2011 at 12:19 PM.