View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: not really a random thought...

Quote:
Originally posted by thetanustew
This is not a random thought, but it's what is in my head right now.

Dr. Paul Rice, the professor who has the office next to mine, died yesterday afternoon. I got an email about it this morning. The whole English Department is sad and confused and everyone is stunned. The doctors originally thought he had asthma, then a respiratory infection, but it turns out he had cancer. He died of pnuemonia that was brought on by the tumor interfering with his breathing.

They have the lights only halfway on in the hallway here, and people are putting flowers outside his office and sticking notes on his door. Most of the English faculty (including me) have cancelled classes because everyone is too upset to teach. This is so odd and surreal.

I can't wrap my brain or my heart around it.

I'm sorry to hear about your lost. My thoughts and prayers got out to you and his family.

My random thought:

Unemployment sucks. It feels like I'm living someone else's life. My self-esteem has taking such a beating.My mood has been up and down since Convention. Today it's down because my former employer has filed an appeal to deny paying my unemployment benefits. We both know why it's come to this. Business is business. Just trying to"protect" what's yours. I just got comfortable being able to say I was fired. Now this