View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
The huge split between Ole Miss and Mississippi State seems strange to me on some level.
My observations come alot through FH and OR, because I'm not able to visit every campus (though I've visited a good 75% of the ones I listed). That influences alot of it because there are few to none (that I'm aware of) Mississippi St. people on those two boards. I have visited Mississippi St and was not terribly impressed.

My theory/reasons for the low standing of MS is that it doesn't have any significant chapters that would override Sigma Nu or Phi Delt at Ole Miss. No stellar chapter (lots of good chapters, though). Miss St.'s football tradition isn't excellent like Alabama's or Texas' or Georgia. Starkville is a miserable place and doesn't have the "Old South" feel that Oxford has (nor the bar scene, in my opinion). Perhaps this is my own biases, but I think alot of people would agree.

edit: And yeah, he's posted them two or three times. They're excellent in my opinion and a good line for determing fraternities.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke