Thread: Greedy sorority
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pledge
The girls have to give permission to the sorority to allow the greek advisor check grades. So, they can't just give the sisters their grades. The advisor said that the system was down during rush week, so our sorority, which is local, and another sorority, which is national, got our results a week after rush was over. Where else the other sorority with a higher pledge class got their grades the week of rush. Then, to top it off, we had to still turn away girls, especially transfer students and freshmen b/c the advisor claimed that they did not have a GPA. She said that the incoming freshmen and transfer students did not have a GPA in the system yet, but the other sorority have freshmen pledges. What's up with that?
Is the sorority with the large new member class a local or a national? If it is a national, then a formal recruitment is required according to NPC regulations because there would be two NPC chapters on your campus. In that case, all grades would have to be released at the same time to the houses participating in formal recruitment. If that is not happening, NPC should be called to oversee recruitment. (I'm not sure how it works with locals because there weren't any locals at my school so I haven't had any experience with them.) And, like 33girl said, if you have deferred recruitment and the sorority in question is taking first-semester freshmen, it is definitely a rush infraction. Have you talked to your Greek Advisor about this problem?

Edited to add: If you had to turn away women during formal recruitment because you were unsure of their grades, you can always go back and COB them once you get their grades.

Last edited by DWAlphaGam; 09-25-2002 at 11:37 AM.