View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry guys, I have no idea why my question posted twice. I think it's because the site logged me out.

Here's my source. On the last page: http://www.npcwomen.org/resources/pd...teps%201-3.pdf

"Once a College Panhellenic opens for extension, upon the approval of the College Panhellenic, a local sorority may petition the NPC fraternity of its preference or participate in a formal extension process conducted by the Panhellenic and make a selection from the NPC member groups presenting." (Emphasis mine.)

As for it being worthwhile to a national to colonize a local, it was done two years ago with an organization mine was close with, but they were a bit bigger and an active chapter in the community. The org liked it because unlike the other groups that came in cold, they didn't step on as many toes, and the girls in the org knew their way around the system already. My sorority is struggling, but we have been around longer than any of the nationals on campus. Greek life is about respecting tradition, and I think panhel respects our years of service, it's just a matter of continuing them in a way that will be better for us and the community. My girls are on every committee, working their butts off to have a say and a place on campus, but they are dormant because there's only 4 of them, and it's impossible for them to do everything required of active sororities. We still have a seat at the table and a vote on many things at Panhel, but locals just aren't the future of our campus anymore.

I was just wondering if there was anyone here who has gone through this transition successfully and had some helpful advice to offer.