Thread: "Tent Talk"
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TheEpitome1920
Did I not say that a chapter could host a program called 'the myths of sorority life'?? That program could address all stereotype associated with chapters.

If that is the way your chapter decides to handle that issue than good. I don't agree with it but my opinion doesn't matter since I'm not in your chapter nor a member of a NPC sorority.
OK then, that's what I was asking. I don't think that a program like that would be a BAD idea... but I would guess that the guilty parties spreading the rumors would not realize that the program was directed towards then. However, our Panhellenic does put on a program on the myths of sorority life on Convocation night of Recruitment. It is an excellent way to address these topics to potential new members. We do not have rumors of racism on our campus though, so that is not a feature of the presentation.

AND YES, YOUR OPINION DOES MATTER. If I didn't think your opinion mattered, I would not have asked you in the first place. Naturally you don't have control over what my chapter does... but I wouldn't put it out there on GreekChat for public consumption if it weren't open to opinion.