Thread: Kappa Quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
It is. I think that is one reason why it has stuck with me. I've been doing it for 12 - 13 years now. I mostly stitch smaller canvases that are easy to hold in your hand.

But, I'm slow to actually have all of them finished into ornaments, magnets, and framed.

Hey! Maybe I can make a quilt out of some of my stitched canvases. Of course, it won't have a consistent theme.
I learned how to do needlepoint (beyond the tent stitch I mean) and bargello when I was about 10. Picked up cross-stitch and quilting as a SAHM when we were living at Ft Knox. I block my own canvases and have finished them as ornaments or framed pictures.

Cross-stitched items can easily be incorporated into a quilt if you put an interfacing on the back so the batting won't escape through the aida cloth holes. At West Point, we made a beautiful quilt for our department head's wife that had cross-stitched designs of various buildings (including her house) and other USMA symbols. I have added small needlepoint appliques to several of my quilts