Thread: Greek Cousins
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 04:52 AM
GreekChat Member

History Lesson for all the haters..

Aight, aight.. So we got some ppl in the blue and white family making a big fuss of things.. Well let me break it down for some of ya'll..

I'll call it Royal Family 101.. 3 credit course, Professor "#86".

1- Baltazar Mendoza Madrigal IS a Sigma AND a LAMBDA BETA
2- No, we're not officially recognized as cousins. But then again, SLB and SLG arent really brothers and sisters.
3- We arent trying to be a copy of blue and white, we're doing our own thing. Now before you take this the wrong way, i got mad respect for all of you, but thats just how it is.

With that said, i will explain.

1: Founding Father Baltazar crossed Sigma and saw the great service PBS was doing for the advancement of the African American community; as time progressed he saw a need of an organization that could do the same for the Latino community. He then went to the national board of PBS and asked for permission to found his own organization with similar goals and aspirations geared towards the Latino community. They GRANTED him that opportunity. Therefore, he DIDN'T have to drop his PBS letters. Along with that, if he crossed PBS then he obviously knows the PBS process... Makes sense right?.. So, SLB and PBS process is bound to have MANY similarities.. HENCE, we are cousins not only by ideals, and goals; but by hardships and triumphs as well. And yes, i mean ALL hardships.. errrrrrripp!

2- SLB and SLG are not officially related but do share many similarities. SLG was founded from a group of women that were originally known as the "Lambda Ladies". At the risk of considering SLB a co-ed fraternity, SLB brothers quickly helped the "Lambda Ladies" establish their own organization. Yes, SLG ladies.. This is TRUE!! So dont tell me I'm wrong b/c I've spoken to the men face to face that helped found SLG. Hence, SLG (some chapters) have SOME similarities to that of SLB, which in turn are similarities with PBS... and I'm sure meaning similarities with ZFB.

3- And finally... WE AINT TRYIN TO BE YOU!! I'm sorry to sound rude, but the haters need to understand. If we wanted to be u we would have pledged PBS or Zeta. Now, I'm cool with all Sigmas and Zetas I know. We support each others events and have a good relationship. So why the royal family? C'mon now, blue and purple?? Both royal colors, makes sense right?? Sure does. Feel free to copy and paste this quick and short history lesson, to inform all of those that were not "educated" properly.

All in all.. Can't we all just get along!! damn!

Peace, i'm out!