View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine has sapphires and pearls, which is beautiful but pretty standard. (Kappaloo, I love the plain badges for their simplicity, too!) However, the guard I chose is the crest and not my chapter letters. I get comments on it all the time.

Actually, I think crest guards are not offered anymore (they are used for Traveling Consultants now, I think). When I joined Kappa, the pledge period (yes, we were still called "pledges" back in the olden days!) was a whole semester. I guess I had waited long enough to be able to have a crest, so I chose it instead of my chapter letters!

I also have an officer dangle (I was recording secretary). Part of me wants to remove my guard, but I do love the conversations it elicits!

The only little sister I had who was initiated was a charter member of Epsilon Tau (now closed), so I didn't have to lend my badge. I think it's a lovely tradition though.

I remember the thrill of finally receiving my badge. Wear it proudly, sherbertlemons! Have things settled down yet, or are y'all still on Cloud 9?