View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Normally I wait until I get home from school to sign-on, but being a MSU fan my whole life, my blood is boiling that someone got us confused with U of M.

And what is your mother doing at formal/semi-formal? Unless she's the advisor, I really don't see why the girls would be okay with a 40 something alum hanging around. I personally would never have wanted to see my own mother at formal (even though I didn't drink until I was 21).

Also, as for chapters saying that they will take you because you're a legacy...let's have a brief retro recruitment of my mother. She was a Delta Gamma legacy through her mother, grandmother, and two older sisters. However, she was cut from them before pref. She ended-up joining the best sorority for her, not the one that was best for her mother/grandmother/sisters. It was a great 4 years for her and she loves who she became because of it.

As for MSU recruitment...I write a rec or two for one of my dancers every year. They're not required, but since I personally know them, I feel it can't hurt them. Often these girls will get bids to sororities they didn't have recs for. It's a great school. I didn't go there, but I still breed green (hense I decided to post in green).

Sorry this was long and angry, but I hate it when people confuse MSU with U of M. Go Spartans!