View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
There may be a forced minimum of 50 bids, but are all those members retained through pledgeship or until they graduate?
Dumb question: How do you force a chapter to take a minimum of 50 NMs?

To take an extreme example, say you have 22 chapters, but one of them (call them ABC) is That Chapter - the WRC with the bad reputation, the one everyone thinks is about to close because they have all of ten actives when all the other chapters are in triple digits, the one everyone wants to drop like a hot potato.

After open houses, every single PNM ranks them dead last. Some PNMs will end up with ABC on their lists (if I understand RFM correctly, that's pretty much inevitable), so they reluctantly return to ABC and again rank them dead last. Same thing happens with the second invite round. Then pref rolls around, and there are some PNMs who still have ABC on their schedule. So they drop out of recruitment, or they leave ABC off their MRABAs. Therefore, ABC matches NO ONE in bid matching. They issue some snap bids, but since the PNMs would rather chew glass than join ABC, none of the snap bids is accepted. So ABC tries to COB - same thing.

So ABC gets penalized because, even though they've rushed their hearts out, the PNMs don't want to join??