View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Interesting that UNR is open for presentations, given that Pi Beta Phi was suspended last year until at least 2015. The official press release says that the chapter will retain its charter but will not have a campus presence, so is this a situation where the chapter will stay inactive for a year and then reactivate in a ground-up recolonization? I'm confused about the terminology of "suspending chapter operations" but "retaining its charter".
It's so they don't move their feet and lose their seat. If they shut the chapter down completely, they would have to wait for the next time the campus expands to restart it. This way they can have a handful of sisters there doing not much of anything in particular except retaining collegiate status and then ground up recolonize.

Complete speculation here, but the presentations may be a sort of CYA in case Pi Phi decides at the end of their suspension/during recolonization attempts that they want to leave instead. I looked at their grade reports on the college website and unless I'm reading them wrong it seems like the pledge classes are really huge compared to number of sisters going into rush (i.e. 80 sisters and 69 pledges) but that just might have been due to one less sorority.