View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglescout_mom View Post
I just hate reading the negativity that is hashed around on this topic. You all should embrace interested candidates instead of isolating yourself from them and looking your nose down at them.
I'm lane swerving, but it's Friday night . . .

Eaglescout_mom, welcome to Greek Chat. FWIW, I've seen lots of discussions on GC about AIing in NPC sororities, and I have rarely seen anyone look down their noses at AIs. What I have seen is sorority members defend their personal opinions or the positions of their organizations that AI is an honor to be bestowed, not an activity to be sought, however sincere the seeking. I have seen them object to a blanket characterization of how AI works, when in reality it works differently for different sororities. And, to be honest, I've seen many object to the idea of AI as an "oh well, there's always AI" sort of consolation prize for those who didn't pledge in college rather than a significant honor.

A friendly word of advice, sincerely offered: In my experience, opening posts from new GCers who are not Greek themselves that essentially ask "why are you so mean?" and that tell women who in many cases have been members of their sororities for years if not decades how they should conduct sorority business rarely end well.

-- MysticCat (an Eagle Scout)