View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 08:27 PM

I am sure they have more time than I do. My mother did.
Then your mother obviously sat on her a** all day eating Doritos.

#1: I am not going to have a family simply because the job I will get will not be suitable for a family. I am joining the CIA after I graduate from graduate school.
That's well and good, but I know from personal experience that candidates for Central Intelligence Agency training must complete an extensive battery of psychological testing in order to be considered. Perhaps you should work on dislodging that chip on your shoulder before you apply?

#2: As for the mortgage, most people that have one have jobs that pay much more than mine does and they work the same amount of hours as I do but don't have to go to school.
If you can't afford a mortgage, you shouldn't take one on. It's called being "house poor".

#3: As much as school was very much of a choice for me as it was a necessity, it is a CHOICE to have a family. People do NOT have to get married and/or have kids.
Many people feel as strongly about marriage and a family as you do about school.

#4: No, shockingly, I will not be joining an alumnae group BECAUSE OF MY JOB for heaven's sake.
One does not preclude the other. It sounds like you are insinuating that women who doin alumnae chapters don't work outside the home. That's terribly insulting as well as untrue. The reason I no longer work is not because I can't find the time to hold down a job because of my sorority commitments. It is because my husband makes a lot of money and I can afford the things I need and want without working. Sorry if that sounds bitchy, but you pulled the bitch card way before I did.

#5: Most people don't have as many things going on in their lives as much as a college student does. They have a family and maybe a job. WOO HOO! Wish I only had 2 things that stressed me out on a daily basis. The other things that stress people out are self-imposed.
Sweetie, take a reality pill PLEASE! In a few years when you are out there in ADULTLAND, you're going to look back at the statement you made and you're going to be embarassed at what an all-knowing, self-important little twit it makes you sound like! If you are this stressed out handling class, work, volunteer work and your sorority, maybe you belong behind the counter at Burger King 40 hours a week; not in college.

#6: I have to have a job (to pay for school stuff), I have to go to school because it surprisingly enough isn't the 1950s anymore where the woman is severely opressed by her man, and yes, I chose the sorority stuff because I wanted to have a life outside the work and school realms.
Then quit yipping about everything you "have" to do!

#7: My parents pay for tuition so loans from my college will not be seeking payments for that. I have to pay for everything else (i.e. car insurance and gas, textbooks, sorority bills, apartment, etc.).
You know hunny, a lot of people would say that you're a pampered little lamb because mummy and daddy pay your tuition. Ooooooh, you pay for your car insurance! Ooooh, you pay for gas, Oooooh, you pay for textbooks, blah, blah, blah!!! You think those things make you independant???? Pleeeze! Sure, it's nice that you chip in, but you're not paying the brunt of it. You're still dependant on your parents.

Also, if you want to discuss this further, you can PM me but this is getting ridiculous because all I did was state my opinion and everyone got their panties in a wad.
If anything, I'm embarassed for you. You can't express yourself in any meaningful, eloquent way, you come off as a whiny, sniveling little snot, and it is very clear that you have little or no idea what you're talking about.

Just to note, you're not the only person who handled class, job, sorority and volunteerism. I did that, in addition to holding an editorial staff position on my college newspaper. And I paid the tuition my scholarship didn't cover. And I did a public relations internship. And I graduated early. And I snagged a plum job that was creatively and financially rewarding (though demanding; 60+ hours a week). And I still remained active in an alumnae chapter because being a Delta Zeta does not end when college does. And I paid back my student loans all by myself. And I'm sure I'm not the only woman who has ever done that. So do get over yourself.

But, I'm sure you're, um, a nice person. Afterall, you DID manage to get in a sorority the second time around! Oh, and please don't post explaining how you didn't get a bid the first time because you missed Prefs due to the fact that there was an international crisis and you had to brief the President on the state state of US/Saudi relations or something equally ridiculous and self-serving. 'Cause no one could possibly be as important as you seem to think YOU are

Last edited by KillarneyRose; 04-24-2003 at 08:40 PM.