View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa62 View Post
I am in a smaller/medium sized chapter. We have around 100 girls. I guess I should explain more. I used to help out at my church/go to studies/etc multiple times a week. Especially after having meetings and events EVERY sunday, I havent been able to do any of that. It is especially hard with all of the studying I have to do with classes. My reasoning isnt really "I am a christian, so I cant be in a sorority". I guess that I am a follower, and I dont want to morph into the wrong people becuase I am always at the sorority. I have even found myself doing things I would never do, just because the sorority was doing it. Obviously, it is my fault, and not the chapters at all.
As A member of a Fraternity we all run across the same things. Most Greeks are founded on Christian Principles!
Do not all Christians party? Did not Christ change water into wine?

As another poster said, being in a Sorority is not just 4/5 years, it can be a life time of being part of an organization that does so much good. Animal House was just a movie, not true life. Greeks do so much good, how can you turn that down as a good Christian?

I do not know how your mind works, but to leave could be a very big mistake on your part! But it is your call only!

LX Z # 1
Alumni