View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with those who find these developments disturbing. When do these young women come to the realization that they have to be responsible for control of their bodies and that no one else can take that from them if they remain somewhere this side of blind drunk? I too am one of the "ahem, older" baby boomer sorority members from a southern school where drinking was a routine event on weekends and fraternities could have alcohol in their houses, which at the time were located on the campus!

At the risk of sounding like the classic old fuddy-duddy, everyone in the house KNEW that if you drank to excess and were at a party, you put yourself at risk. There was no thought that you were being stigmatized or put in a position where you didn't have "authority". YOU were responsible for your own body - until you didn't want to be, if you know what I mean.

Men have not changed, will not change, and will always, always think with a part of their anatomy not associated with logic, respect, or restraint. Not a knock, guys; it is what it is. Seriously, who goes to college these days and has NOT been told that by their own Mother? You know, that voice of personal experience who back in the 60's or 70's in all likelihood found that out for herself? It has zero to do with gender equality. It's just bein' regular old homo sapiens, baby.
Rant over.