Thread: Mom thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

If there is still an open seat, I would like to join the conversation. My daughter is going through recruitment at Texas A&M this fall. She was waffling as she has a really tough major and didn’t think there would be time—a friend’s older sister dropped out of her pledge class at TAMU for this very reason and now she thinks it must be truth.

As she only decided two weeks ago that she really will
be going through recruitment, we have been scrambling a bit lining up those recs and letters of support—especially since a few of the chapters at TAMU are not represented at our local panhellenic. Anyway, I am gearing up for a wild ride—especially with a child who likes to zig where others zag. Case in point, she feels confident her birks will be just fine for the first round or two of recruitment as, “these are different ones, mom. I bought them in Frankfurt at their original store. Plus, why would I want to be with a group of people who judge me on my sandals?” I think I may be beating my head against this granite counter a few times in the next six weeks. Hopefully I can offer some entertaining stories as pretty girl navigates her way through recruitment.

Last edited by Theta1234; 07-19-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typos