View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Other common, identifiable 1970's clothing styles have made a comeback, so I guess that 'bad' one can, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Wait....were butt letters around the 1970s or am I misunderstanding your post? I remember butt letters being from the late 1990s and early 2000s!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
They certainly lasted much longer than the early 2000s, as I remember them well - and recall many conversations had here on GC about them - and I was initiated in 2004 and joined GC in 2008.

But yes, perhaps I misunderstood as well. Either that, or butt letters have been a thing for much longer than we realized!

ETA: it's late, I'm tired, I've had a couple glasses of wine, and now I suddenly can't stop laughing at "butt letters"
Oh yes, I wish I still had photos to prove it. Butt letters were in use in the Midwest in the 1970's. Now you're making me wonder whether they were in use during an even earlier era!

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.