View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
This was online today. https://www.aol.com/news/boy-scouts-...152735470.html I feel like the article is trying to blame the pandemic and the fact that kids have a lot of activities to choose from for the dip in membership numbers in Scouting.

Girl Scouting seems to be responding in this article by going on and on about their STEM programs. Those are one reason why so many girls have quit. They don't want that in Scouts! They don't want to learn to be coders! They get that in school! Girl who join want to camp and hike and all the traditional stuff. There's a troop here that left Girl Scouting and became a Boy Scout Adventurers unit. If my daughters were still in school (and it hasn't been that long), I would permit them to do that but not Girl Scouting--for the superior outdoor program and to avoid the political sh** that GSUSA got involved in.
Hmm. Even when I was in school and a Girl Scout, we had issues recruiting members, because so many viewed it as outdated. Can’t imagine that viewpoint has improved in the last 20 years.