View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 05:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Help a sister out

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site and am not sure if this is the place to post this question/post, but I am in need of advice. I am an initiated sister of ABC. And at my school this sorority is not the most popular (there has been drama dealing with who has been initiated based on looks etc, to low retention rates, aka we are not in good standing). And from day one I have felt uneasy, and unhappy in this sorority. I have tired countless of times to reach out to my big, the chapter president, local and national advisors, and even people in charge of greek life to see if there was anything that I can do to feel happy in this sorority. Yet, I was left with silence or the common mention that it takes time or a new pledge class. But it is a new year, and I am frustrated yet alone tired of waiting. This sorority has become toxic to my mental health. I want to stay to meet amazing young women, build connections and give myself the best college experience that I can have. But I do not think waiting will help. I do not want to give up or make a mistake in leaving, but I fully believe this sorority is not my home. I know there is another organization there for me, but as an initiated sister, I am unable by NPC to rush again. From the beginning I knew this was not the one, but waited and stayed in hopes for finding a placement in this group and not to disappoint my family/sister who was in the same sorority years prior (she surprised me at my initiation and initiated me with her pin). I should have left when I could, but the past is the past. Now I am wondering if the greek chat women can help me with any advice. From what I should do to what are the benefits in staying. Thank you.

*Nothing against ABC as a sorority; honestly a lovely organization/group of women nationally. I attend the University of xxx and a part of the xx chapter.

Last edited by honeychile; 01-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.