View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueali View Post
For all you NPHCers, I'm just curious, since you do (the majority) have more of an emphasis on the national/international status or level of the sorority rather than the individual chapter, are you really close with those in your chapter or are they seen as another sister/brother of the international chapter. I guess what I am trying to say is, I hold my chapter sisters in a much higher regard than a sister from another chapter, only because my chapter sisters know me, we've been through alot together and understand my experiences with the sorority.
I have been out of my collegiate chapter for 37 years. I have no clue who the members are, nor do I need to. My affiliation now is with my alumnae chapter. That is not to say that my collegiate chapters sorors who were there when I was there don't have reunions at national conventions and regional conferences, but except for two, they really don't know me as well as my alumnae chapter sorors.

And when I go to conventions and conference I always make it a point to introduce myself to the current sorors in my collegiate chapter, but that is about it, except for the occasional milestone anniversary--20 years, 30 years, because I was a charter member of the chapter.

The two I have kept in touch with are members of alumnae chapters in the same region as my chapter, so we see each other all the time at various regional functions, as well as talk on the phone regularly. And one is in my hometown, so I see her whenever I visit.

Plus Delta has rules about going back to your collegiate chapter and "helping them" unless you are a chapter advisor, especially during certain times of the sororal year.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!