View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

Having a rec is something that's just standard at some schools. It's nothing that guarantees you a bid or anything. It's similar to having a certain GPA. Girls know that in order to do well, you need it. It's just standard procedure (along with registration, grades, and everything else).

Also, at many schools where recs are needed, there are close to 1,000 PNMs going through, and having recs helps to provide extra info about girls.

Something you will figure out if you stick around here long enough is that every school is different. The way another school functions does not make it better or worse.

Okay, yeah, I understood most of that already, but you did clear it up for me so thank you! I was just most confused about the comment about "ignoring national policy", I wasnt sure if the poster was saying that she thinks it is and that we ignore it...or...I dunno, I didnt understand what she meant by the post.

We definitely dont have even 500+ girls going through, so we dont need them, but who knows, if we ever grew enough, we might move into needing recs!