View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

So sorry guys! I've been caught up in everything recently, just now sitting down to think everything through... the story continued....

I got the call from my rho chi informing me that I had been invited back to a full four houses! So excited of course, I buzz through the day just waiting to go back. My biggest disappointment was that I had been dropped from Rock n Republic, and although I knew they typically didn't take upperclassmen, it still stung a little because I had really made great connectinos. However, life goes on and I still had a full party schedule which was unusual for an upperclassman so I couldn't really complain!

The houses I went back to were:

True Religion
Citizens
Paige
Habitual

True Religion: Loved this place again, knew in my heart this was where I felt the most at home. Just loved chatting with everyone about silly stuff, finding out how close these girls were really made me smile, this was exactly what I was looking for in a house. Skit was HILARIOUS and had me cracking up.

Citizens: Great great great girls, these girls are so genuine and so diverse. This really made an impact on me, but I still felt like this wouldn't be the place to grow for me. I wanted something that was my OWN, and since one of my roomies is in this sorority, I still felt like I was missing something that was mine and mine alone. I could see myself here, but not in the way that I was looking for, if that makes sense. Skit here was pretty funny, they had their stuff together that's for sure.

Paige: Like citizens, these girls were diverse and as I said before I feel like they were almost too diverse, like there was something missing that connected them all. However, they kicked ass when it came to the skit, it was so great, and really showed them being able to make fun of themselves, which was hilarious. It showed another side of the sisters, and they definitely made a better impression on me than other times.

Habitual: Once again, this place is just NOT for me. Their skit was more serious and not funny, I know they put forth effort but they just don't have that spark that brings girls back, and they are akward conversationalists and you just feel wierd being there. However, some girls were just being plain rude and making it clearly known they didn't want to be there. I refuse to do that, because they have worked just as hard, if not harder, to make sure they represent themselves well, and they are NICE girls, so I made as much conversation as I could, and had a decent time overall.

So after today's rounds I ranked:

True Religion
Citizens
Paige
Habitual

haha didn't realize I had written them in that order too!!

Waiting on the phone call.....