View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Day 4 -- Moderna -- Yesterday morning, I posted that I couldn't move my arm, struggled to take a shower, and cried again. I took the ibuprofen 600mg and lied down on my bed with my arm propped on a fluffy pillow. That did the trick - I fell asleep for a 3 hour nap. When I woke up this morning, my arm pain was reduced. Probably 3 or 4 out of 10 - I took a 600mg ibuprofen after waking up. So far today, it appears that my arm pain has finally gone! I am so relieved! There is a slight soreness in the injection site; but, nothing too remarkable.

I do not regret it. I will still go back for the second dose and take it like a champ.

I post my experience so that others can have realistic expectations. I saw a lot of people posting pictures on Facebook, proudly holding up their vaccination cards with big smiles on their faces. Some people are saying, "Oh, it's just a little soreness and a little headache, no big deal." I believe I read on the official materials that 16% of people will have side effects strong enough to prevent them from going about their daily activities. Apparently, I am one of the 16% and a good number of my immediate coworkers were too. It was painful and I would categorize the pain as "severe".

My coworker said that he had a sore arm only; but, his wife was in so much pain that she was on the floor, crying. Our other coworker (same fire station) and her husband were behind me in line for the vaccination. She and her husband were previously positive for covid. She had debilitating arm pain like I did and he told me that he had fever and body aches so bad that he ended up on the floor as well. One supervisor reported debilitating arm pain. Bummer. My best friend got the Moderna vaccine at her workplace (hospital group) and she had just a basic sore arm.

Again, I do not regret it and I am definitely doing the second shot. Just be prepared with ibuprofen or Tylenol and get your vaccine at a time when you're not planning to move houses or go on a road trip.
How are you feeling today? We all hope you are feeling better today.