View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
I thought it was great that her mom started researching also!

As an aside, my mom just came back from my our family reunion - maternal side. My mom is the 2nd oldest living member (at 90) that attended. The best gift mom brought home was a printed family tree, that she had corrected while she was attending. The person who made them had to re-print them but was happy to do so. My mom pointed out errors (missing people) and it turns out that they had to add about 10 people.
This seriously thrills me! I absolutely love it when one of our elders is sharp enough to get involved at their age! Sadly, I may soon be the eldest one interested in my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
The episode i saw tonight ( don't know if it a rerun or not) with Christina Applegate and her father was tender, sad, and very human. What a lovely woman she is! I love this show, as it gives people some great tips in how to get started.
So glad you liked it! I was disappointed at first, as she was only going back two generations, but wow! What a wonderful gift she was able to give to her father!

We missed the first five minutes, so I don't know what was said then. I did keep yelling, "Check the death records first, not divorce records!"