View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Try to get recommendations to each chapter. Contact ladies in your community when you are home for winter break.

I think one thing you must keep uppermost is a realistic view of yourself and each sorority. You will have a good idea of what type of woman the chapters look for in a member. Does ABC chapter have the top GPA but you have the minimum GPA required to make you eligible to rush? If so, you might have a hard time getting a bid from that chapter. Does super popular DEF always win the intramural championship but you would rather die than be outdoors? This might not be the place for you. I guess my point is that you will be happiest in a sorority most like you. Be sure to get(or stay) involved on campus-sororities want members to be involved and your HS activities will no longer count next fall.
I'll definitely keep your advice in mind. As far as recommendations go I have been struggling with that a bit simply because of the fact everyone I know in Greek life who isn't a student is an alum from a sorority not at my school. I am a legacy to two sororities not at my school, and have distant relatives who were in other sororities. Which I assume doesn't help much considering which chapters are established at my school. Because of this I have been considering contacting the Panhellenic Association in my area.
For on campus involvement I have been doing research on other on campus clubs to be part of and plan on joining a couple next semester. Luckily social media and internet in general makes finding out what each sorority is most passionate about easy. Thanks for responding and reminding me to be realistic about my expectations!