View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Illinois View Post
It seems to me that Illinois wants to be like Michigan or UVA when it comes to admissions rather than a state university. My mom said she would of never gotten in now and I would of been one of the very last to make it through the door and I thought I was smart back then. The numbers these kids are getting back on their ACT's and SAT's are insane and with all the AP classes kids are applying with GPA's above their 4 or 5 point. While I'm proud to say I went there I do miss Illinois being more realistic to get into. I like that the state universities etc offer an education for our kids who do very well but aren't always the top 5% of their class. Some of my very best friends ended up at Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana and loved it and I loved it when I visited them. I would of been happy at any Big 10 school or probably anywhere as I was amazed by the college experience and felt very fortunate my parents were so generous paying for it and I didn't have to take out a student loan.
I need to figure out the quote message in reply because even with my stellar education I'm not smart enough to figure that out !
The University of Michigan is a state school too. It's simply the state school that is highly selective. There are other state schools that are much less competitive. I think state schools should vary in this regard.

To quote a message, click on the "Quote" and it will take you right to the message. If you want to quote multiple messages, click on the ditto marks icon for all them and then when you click Post Reply at the bottom of the thread, it will quote all of them.