View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 06:04 PM

I am sure they have more time than I do. My mother did.

#1: I am not going to have a family simply because the job I will get will not be suitable for a family. I am joining the CIA after I graduate from graduate school.

#2: As for the mortgage, most people that have one have jobs that pay much more than mine does and they work the same amount of hours as I do but don't have to go to school.

#3: As much as school was very much of a choice for me as it was a necessity, it is a CHOICE to have a family. People do NOT have to get married and/or have kids.

#4: No, shockingly, I will not be joining an alumnae group BECAUSE OF MY JOB for heaven's sake.

#5: Most people don't have as many things going on in their lives as much as a college student does. They have a family and maybe a job. WOO HOO! Wish I only had 2 things that stressed me out on a daily basis. The other things that stress people out are self-imposed.

#6: I have to have a job (to pay for school stuff), I have to go to school because it surprisingly enough isn't the 1950s anymore where the woman is severely opressed by her man, and yes, I chose the sorority stuff because I wanted to have a life outside the work and school realms.

#7: My parents pay for tuition so loans from my college will not be seeking payments for that. I have to pay for everything else (i.e. car insurance and gas, textbooks, sorority bills, apartment, etc.).

Also, if you want to discuss this further, you can PM me but this is getting ridiculous because all I did was state my opinion and everyone got their panties in a wad.

Last edited by ztawinthropgirl; 04-24-2003 at 06:07 PM.