Thread: Initiation
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 05:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Now that is a story I would love to hear! I won't ask for specifics, because it involves ritual - but I have to wonder if your ritual involves BASE jumping or something?
Wow! How did you guess? We packed the parachutes for the initiates just fine, but snagged the lines on mine...

After the ritual, while putting things away, I got up on a chair to take the US flag down off the chalkboards (That initiation was in a lecture hall) and tried to support myself on something that turned out to be sharp enough to seriously cut up the joints of two fingers. Three brothers (one of whom had just initiated) had EMT training and one was going on duty that night as an on call medic for the school and had his walkie-talkie with him. 15 minutes later the campus police had dropped me at the local emergency room and I ended up with 15 stitches and still have scars on the two fingers.

Lessons learned: Get help taking things down. Blindfolds make excellent temporary bandages. The Campus cops are more likely to believe you weren't hazed when you've been a brother for 3 years.