View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCo View Post
"This struck me as odd. Often we are asked to do things that don't seem "logical" in the course of life as part of learning and growing, and this isn't relegated to sorority membership. Are you talking about hazing? Or doing "silly" things like ice-breakers or hanging out with sisters to get to know them better?"

To answer your question- yes she can be viewed as somewhat odd compared to other teens her age. She is silly, creative and has a very liberal attitude. We live in a very conservative republican suburb. If you watch her favorite commedy video I think you will understand how creatively different she can be compared to her surroundins @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwUX4cSwrRk.

Not sure she would be patient with hazing- although she can be tolerant and loyal to her friends even when she does not agree with them. However, part of the intensity factory is not wanting to waste time doing silly things. I get the importance of doing silly things from time to time but I am not sure she gets it.

As far as social life is concerned- she hangs out with the dancers at her studio and occasionally with the kids at school. She does not seem interested in going to parties much. She states the parties are boring compared to dance. I guess only those involved in competitive dance would understand that these dancers have tons of fun at their studio.
Can you please explain what you mean by "silly things"?