Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoderja View Post
Thanks guys, i appreciate it. And to respond to what lucgreek was saying, the fraternity that i am interested in joining is the one that i received a bid from last February. My friend started pledging there in march and is still going until the beginning of October, granted he had the summer off. But he tells me that generally the pledgeship at that fraternity is 3 months, so that is why i say that i may not be initiated until Feb. Also, that same Fraternity's fall pledge class from last year didn't get initiated until that time as well. So that is the reason it is such a tough choice, along with the risk of being embarrassed to pledge with mostly freshman. Also the reason i wanted to start as soon as possible in order to get initiated this semester.
This is the sentence that *really* set it off for me. According to this, men who pledged in the Fall, initiated the *following* October? Does any National group allow for pledging to last essentially an entire year? (note, this is apparently for an existing chapter, there may be fraternities where someone who started a Colony might not actually become a brother until the charter is given)