View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I need to clarify. I said that I think she might do a little research. I was in a hurry when I wrote this. I tend to be a planner- so I will make sure my dd knows what she needs to do to prepare. I think we will get a few recs and do some research... perhaps not as much as what some people here put into it. I just don't see us pursuing a rec for every Greek sorority on campus. While that would be very thorough, I don't see us going that route. Also of note is that meeting sorority members and establishing connections would be very difficult due to distance issues. Therefore, this is not something that I feel we should beat ourselves up about and we will not be brainstorming or researching for ways to meet current members at the schools she is interested in. Although I think preparation is good, I also believe that God has a path for each of us.

BTW- I shared some of the positive advice I received here and dd does seem interested in following through. It does involve some work and preparation and she basically said she is willing to do that. So, I am on board with that if that is what she wants to do. I would never in a million years be interested in joining a sorority for myself- but I will certainly support that path if that is what interests my daughter. My mother and grandmother were members of a sorority, so perhaps she can carry on their tradition.

Last edited by JLCo; 01-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.