Thread: Pearl Sister
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL girl in MD View Post
I saw something (in the Quarterly, I think) about being a pearl sister for the chapter colonizing at USCar. I am interested in being a Pearl sister, but I have to say the info on the website is a little limited. I know I have read in another thread that some of you ladies have done this before. I am interested in some input; I live in MD, not close to South Carolina. I graduated from collage eleven years ago, could I still be helpful I have to admit this seems like a no- brainier: encourage an interested young lady that Alpha Gamma Delta is worth the effort of establishing the colony and, (as a side note, please, tell me I have an excuse to buy gifts!) that it is just the beginning of a life long story. Is there something that I am missing?

LiEP, Liz

BTW I rarely post, so this is meant to be in the Alpha Gamma Delta forum.
I signed up to be a Pearl Sister for a colony member at Austin Peay. I had no idea what I was supposed to do -- I was given this young lady's name and e-mail info from the IVP-A but I wasn't sure what to do next.

So I emailed her and told her my Alpha Gam story. How I became an Alpha Gam, a few stories from my college years, and what it's been like these last 12 years I've been a member. I wasn't sure if she'd even write me back, but she did and we ended up friends on Facebook. I also followed the Austin Peay AGD Facebook Page and witnessed her journey to Initiation via FB photos. A few weeks before Initiation I bought her a small gift set so she got it by Initiation Day.

She's thousands of miles away and I don't know if we'll ever meet but we'll always have that connection. She's now an alumna active with her alum group since she initiated as a Senior. I hope she continues her involvement with AGD!