View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Crashing into the Alpha Sig forum...I don't know if this would work or not, but I just got back from my KD convention where I met 2 ladies who are advisors for chapters that are several hundred miles away from their location. These collegiate chapters are in locations where there are few local alumnae (more rural areas with few job opportunities, so most graduates move away after graduation), and these advisors are also in places where there is no collegiate chapter for them to advise. They use various modes to communicate, like Skype during meetings, e-mail and phone calls. The advisors try to make 1 trip per year (or more) to the chapter, and then of course rely on other advisors to attend other activities that come up through out the year.

I don't know if this is allowable with ASA, but maybe an option to check into with your director of advisory boards or equivalent position within Alpha Sigma Alpha. Un-crashing.... (maybe its not so much of a crash because my sister is an Alpha Sig?)