View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Let me throw this into the mix....

Some NPHC members DEFINITELY care more about their chapters. It depends on the person and the chapter, but I think it relates less to recruitment and rush and more about their level of activity once they graduate and what sort of brotherly or sisterly relations they have with people outside their chapter.
I think this is true, BUT I don't think that you see members joining an org because of the chapter very often. It isn't common that someone will arrive on campus and make their decision based on whether they like the local chapter of Delta or AKA best. Now, you will have some members who, AFTER that point, will be very dedicated to their chapter, moreso than the national org, but it's not the same as choosing your org based on the local chapter. I just don't see that happening very often, in my (admittedly limited) experience.