View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

We got bad news about our kitty Gabrielle yesterday. She has liver cancer (which we already knew) and she doesn't have much longer. She's 16 and absolutely precious. She was a feral who adopted us-- 13 years ago. Her little abdomen is full of fluid, so the weight we had thought we had gained was nothing but fluid. And to make things worse-- when we were checking out, my husband put her kennel next to him on the floor. An asshat walked by and tripped over her (although there was plenty of room to walk around her). Not a big deal, but when his wife pointed out that there was a cat in it, he said "well who puts shit like that there?" I not so politely pointed out that the "shit" he referred to was a very old, very sick cat. He didn't even apologize. My husband who rarely gets upset and told him "You don't have to be an asshole." He still didn't apologize. He's so lucky I was too upset to punch him in his face. We know our vets and the staff there really well, and you could tell the vet tech was mortified.

I actually felt really bad for the asshat's dog. They were bringing him in for joint pain, and he was clearly way overweight. He was an old yellow lab, and to be honest, he was probably a good 20-30 lbs over what he should have been-- stupid asshole needs to get the dog on a diet and he would feel a LOT better. UGH. I hate seeing irresponsible pet owners.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.