View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

What makes you think they must have learned about it from a recruitment party? They might have known the term prior to even setting foot on your campus.

As a former Rho Chi I know they push it down your throats to coach women to never SIP (slang term "suicide"), but the truth is some women would rather not be in a sorority at all than be in their second or third choice. For those women I think it should be an option, as long as they can handle the consequences of possibly not being greek.

I heard some troubling rumors of things that were said to PNMs at my school this year - that if women were cut from chapters they really liked after the first or second round (we're talking about the most popular chapters), that they should withdraw from recruitment and either wait for a snap bid or participate in spring COR. I don't know who advised them that that was a good idea, but they were obviously ill-informed. The supposedly "best" chapters won't be doing COR and probably won't even have to snap. In my opinion, this is an example of something that should not be brought up as an option to PNMs during formal recruitment.