View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I hear you, TSteven, but when I mentioned LGBT GLOs I meant those not in a council, since naturally those within a council would have to abide by the rules set forth therein. The difference between Delta Lambda Phi and some other LGBT organizations is that even though they were founded by gay men, membership is open to all men (which is what allows them to join NIC, I imagine). Of course, you can't read my mind to know that when I said LGBT GLOs what I really meant was those not in a council (since they are the exception rather than the rule). Thanks for your response.

Sen, many founders of LGBT orgs are also members of D9 sororities (I'm not so sure about the fraternities). Given the fact that most members of LGBT fraternities and sororities are post-collegiate, I actually find it shocking that any of them frown upon an adult who pledged undergrad and would now like an opportunity to experience sisterhood with lesbians and queer women (or gay & queer men). I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying I'm shocked.