View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windinthewillow View Post
Where do you live, QLB817? Sorority membership is difficult to find in places like the Northeast. I sympathize with the OP. Women in the south have an easier time finding sorority members in their community.

She might have some success contacting each individual sorority's IO. There are often women designated to interviewing PNMs, and if she seems like a good fit, writing her a rec.

Agree with you about putting together a resume. A headshot is helpful too. Be sure to write a thank you note to all the women who have written recs.
I'm technically in the south, but up closer to the Mason Dixon line. OP said she is at Mizzou, so that's similar to me here (northern part of the south!) and Mizzou is technically a SEC school. But while yes, down in the South, sorority ladies are in every nook and cranny, there are a lot more alumnae up north than I think people realize. I think the South has a tradition of your sorority membership being public after leaving school. In the North, they are involved in alumnae groups, but it's not as much of a publicly known thing about a person.

Mom to a non greek son, an Alpha Xi Delta daughter and two more potential legacy daughters!